Welcome To KEY TO THE CITY's Page For
Onondaga County, New York
Here is a good history page for Camillus. This history page for Camillus has some historical places listed. Much of the area was formed from ice-age glaciers which sculpted out the many creeks, lakes, gorge and other recreational areas
The area was first settled in 1791 by Captain Isaac Lindsay. His brothers, James, William and Elijah, came soon after.
Camillus was named for the famous Roman dictator. It became a town on 9 March 1799. Elbridge and Van Buren were taken off from Camillus in 1829. Part of Salt Springs Reservation were annexed on 1 May 1834.
Camillus Sim's Store Museum
De Voe Rd
Camillus, NY 13031
1856 Octagon House
5420 West Genesee Street
Camillus, New York
this house is on the National Registry of Historical Places. It is six stories from basement to cupola and is furnished in period antiques.
Please call ahead for hours of operation
Phone: (315) 488-7800
The Martisco Station Museum
This station has been restored to the splendor of its heyday. There are many railroad artifacts on display. Open Sundays, June through October between 2 and 5 pm or by appointment. Donation are accepted.
Return to Index
Camillus Town Clerk
4600 W Genesee St
Syracuse, NY 13219-1734
The Town of Camillus is divided into the Hamlets of Amboy, Belle Isle, Fairmount, Newport, Oswego Bitter, parts of Warners, Westerlea, and a very small corner of Memphis, and the Village of Camillus.
The population of the Town of Camillus was:
2000 - 23,152