Welcome To KEY TO THE CITY's Page For
Lorain County, Ohio
A history page for North Ridgeville. First settled by families from Waterbury, Connecticut in May 1810, the township was established in 1813. It was named Ridgeville Township until 1958. The local post office, however, was called North Ridgeville as early as 1829. It was incorporated as a village at the end of 1958. By August of 1960, the population grew to over 5,000 allowing it to be incorporated as the City of North Ridgeville. Two of the original families of old Ridgeville were the Terrells and the Beebes. The City celebrated its centennial in May of 1910. The festivities were held at the Town Hall with speeches, history and just general good times. The same Town Hall was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in January of 1975.
The name came from the five lake ridges that divide the community. These ridges run nearly parallel to Lake Eric about nine miles to the north. The ridges are remnants of the receding waters of the lake many thousands of years ago.
Return to Index
North Ridgeville Visitors Bureau
Return to Index
7307 Avon Belden Rd
North Ridgeville, OH 44039-3731
Contact page for North Ridgeville government.
North Ridgeville Libraries North Ridgeville Branch Library
6401 Jaycox Rd
North Ridgeville, OH 44039-1611
North Ridgeville Schools North Ridgeville Schools Office
5490 Mills Creek Ln
North Ridgeville, OH 44039-2339
Phone: 440-327-4444 North Ridgeville
Miscellany The population of North Ridgeville was:
1990 - 21,564
1999 - 24,000