Welcome To KEY TO THE CITY's Page For
Juniata County, Pennsylvania
Here is a history page for Thompsontown.
John Tennis first purchased his land in 1765 from Colonel Samuel Hunter. He sold a portion to John Kepler in 1770. This land is where Thompsontown is now located. Michael Quiggle also purchased a portion of land from John Tennis which he later sold, on 13 September 1785, to William Thompson. The above history page has much more information about the area history.
Return to Index