Welcome To KEY TO THE CITY's Page For
Skagit County, Washington
Chamber of Commerce.
First known as Baker when it was settled in the early 1870's on the west bank of the river. Later, the growing community on the east bank was called Cement City for the Washington Portland Cement Company. When the Superior Portland Cement Company built a plant in Baker, the two towns were merged with the new name of Concrete.
Birdwatching in Concrete